2) Connection to the internet
3) To NOT be behind a firewall, such as many schools use, that will block #1
4) Address/port for TriForce MUCK [telnet://dovienya.net:6118/]
5) A character.
It sounds like you're on step 4 or 5. If the title screen you're on is for the client you're using, go to step 6. If the title screen is for Triforce MUCK, go to step 7.
6) Depending on the client you're using, this may be an option [but it'll typically be in the File menu] for "Start New World", "New Connection", "New Session", or something more esoteric, but it'll give you a way to enter the address [dovienya.net] and the port  into your client, and save this information, with another option once you're finished making settings, to connect.
7) Type "connect guest", then type "@request", follow the next instructions.